The Annual Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo was established to promote the cultural offerings of Pecan Island, to enhance and develop camaraderie within the community, to support a local charity and have a good time. This year’s rodeo benefits Maddie’s Footprints. As a philanthropic event, Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo will raise proceeds to assist Maddie’s Footprints in fulfilling their mission of providing support to families coping with miscarriages, stillbirths or the loss of an infant. For more information on Maddie’s Footprints CLICK HERE.
FOR MORE INFO:
Call or Email: 337-235-7770 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All fish and anglers must be in accordance with the state and federal regulations, along with Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo rules and regulations.
2. No Billfish (Marlin, Sailfish, Spearfish or Swordfish)
3. No Sharks or Jack Crevalle
4. Youth division is for anglers 15 years old and younger
5. Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo weigh master and/or rodeo officials have the right to open and inspect any fish entered in the rodeo
7. You are entering Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo at your own risk. Seatrout Marina, Maddie’s Footprints, Keaty Real Estate, rodeo committee members, weigh masters, sponsors, rodeo officials and rodeo volunteers will not be held liable for any damages or injuries suffered at this event.
8. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated!
9. In the event of a categorical tie, the fish that is first entered wins.
10. All rodeo entry fees and sponsorships are non-refundable.
11. The inshore, offshore, and Kayak are ROD and REEL fish only. No speared fish will be allowed in these categories. There is a specific spearfishing division for speared fish ONLY
12. All fishing locations must be accessible to the public at all times according to state and federal regulations, no private fishing grounds.
13. Any attempt to circumvent the rules of Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo will be punished by disqualification of fish and/or angler.
14. The weigh master’s decision is FINAL.
15. All money transactions are FINAL.
16. No swapping of fish between competitors or team members is allowed.
17. Gaffing is allowed, but any mutilation of fish deemed unnecessary by the weigh master will result in disqualification of the fish.
18. 1st place winners from the Inshore, Offshore, Spear, Kayak and Youth divisions will receive an award
19. Point System – First Place=3 points, Second Place=2 points, Third Place=1 point
20. The overall biggest fish may be caught on rod and real or speared, as long as the fish is in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
21. Teams/Boat – team minimum is 2 people, team maximum is 6.
22. Your boat or vehicle must be on the property or perimeter of the Acadiana Marina with the fish to be entered and the angler must report to the weigh master or rodeo official before official closing of scales at 5:00 pm, to enter a fish. A tournament official will mark the last vehicle. NO EXCEPTIONS
23. All fish must be tagged with the angler and boat name prior to being loaded into wheelbarrows or baskets to be weighed in. A rodeo official will provide each boat with the appropriate number of tags upon arrival to the weigh in. Fish brought to the scales without tags will not be weighed.
24. Once fish are weighed by the weigh master the dorsal or the tail fin will be clipped by a rodeo official.
25. Weigh-in will be from 12:00 to 5:00pm on Saturday, June 14, 2014 held at the Seatrout Marina.
26. You may sign up and enter for the rodeo up until Thursday, June 12, 2014 at midnight.
Spear Fishing Division
1. All spear fishing follows the rules of the Louisiana Council or Underwater Dive Clubs (LCUDC), their derby Board rules and the Louisiana Freedive Spear fishing Records Committee rules and regulations. You can visit the LCUDC website for a list of current rules.
2. All spear fishermen must be in accordance with the Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo rules and regulations in addition to the specific SCUBA Freedive spear fishing rules.
1. All fish must be caught in rod and reel out of the kayak, no wade fishing.
2. Use of a boat or motorized watercraft to transport your kayak on the water is prohibited.
3. All craft must be self-propelled, no trolling motors.
4. All fishing locations must be accessible to the public at all times according to the state and federal regulations, no private fishing grounds.
5. All fish caught in this division must be caught on artificial lures, no live bait.
6. Kayak division consists of largest redfish under 27”, largest speckled trout, and largest flounder.
7. All kayak fishermen must be in accordance with the Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo rules and regulations, in addition to the specific kayak division rules.
8. If you choose to fish out of a kayak, but not to follow these specific rules, your fish may be entered into the inshore division, not the kayak division.
There will be a $10,000.00 prize for the person that catches the Louisiana record beating mangrove snapper. The fish must be caught on a rod and reel. See website for specific rules and guidelines.
INSHORE – Speckled Trout, Redfish, Flounder and Black Drum
OFFSHORE – Tuna, Cobia, Grouper, Wahoo, Dolphin, Mangrove Snapper,
SPEAR – Cobia, Mangrove Snapper, Grouper, Barracuda,
KAYAK – Speckled Trout, Redfish, Flounder (3-fish stringer/species)
YOUTH – 15 years old & under
For Purposes of determining sponsorship levels, cash and essential in-kind items and services are valued at 100% of fair market value. Non-essential in-kind items and services are valued at 50% of fair market value. The value of in-kind items will be determined between Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo and the sponsor. Email GonePecan@keatyrealestate.com for details.
All anglers are required to sign a waiver of release in order to participate in the Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo. In signing this waiver, you must have read all the rules concerning Gone Pecan Fishing Rodeo 2013 and agree to those terms. The rules are found on this website and will be displayed conspicuously at the registration table for the rodeo. Registration Fee is $60.
Online Registration ends at Noon on June 13.
Onsite Registration starts at 7am on Saturday and ends at 10am.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at: